Insidious
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hazelnut, Druid tank

3 posters

Go down

Hazelnut, Druid tank Empty Hazelnut, Druid tank

Post  Hazelnutter Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:17 am

1) PERSONAL INFORMATION

A. Name: Johanna
B. Age and gender: 24, female
C. Location: Finland
D. Tell us something about yourself: Living with boyfriend, strugglin´ my way thru university of applied sciences, job that requires me to spend weekend nights away from computer Razz

2) YOUR CHARACTER

A. Server: Twisting Nether
B. Character name: Hazelnut (and various alts)
C. Race and class: Tauren druid
D. Number of days played (/played): 89 days 17 hours and bit more
E. What professions do you have on your main character and are they maxed out?: Herbalism (who'd be a tauren druid without it?)/Alchemy. Both maxed out

3) PREVIOUS GUILDS, RAIDING EXPERIENCE & PERFORMANCE

A. Previous Guild(s) and reasons for leaving them:
A few...I'll go thru the ones post migrating from Darkmoon Faire. (guild there died, nothing to do, server is low population)
Frozen Dawn - migrated, was promised a raidspot, raidspot never came. Putting together 2 guilds and expecting decent outcome,... well it COULD have worked...
Deppiskerho - Guildmasters RL came between him and raidin'. Guild kinda died
Laus Deo - Same thing as Deppiskerho. Do I see a pattern here?
After that I've been kinda drifting around trying to find a guild with nice atmosphere and decent raidgroup - haven't found that yet.

C. How active are you and what level of raid attendance can we expect from you?:
Cant promise you full 100% of attendance since haven't seen 3rd periods timetable yet. But I do hope and believe that I'll be home in time for raids. I tend to prioritize raids over social life. Might be because I really don't have one.

D. Give the hours (in server time) that you can raid between e.g. 07.30pm-11.30pm:
I'll be stuck at school tops 8:00 pm servertime. But that's the utmost worst case scenario. Usually i'm home by 4 pm, and available for raiding from there 'till 7 am - that's when I need to head back to school Razz Unless it's weekend. I'll be working from 10 pm to 10 am realmtime friday-saturday and saturday-sunday nights. Hence available for sunday raids, but possibly pretty damn tired and failratio is going up like a rocket.

E. Previous raiding experience in vanilla WoW, TBC and WotLK:
Vanilla - no raiding. Didn't manage to get that far.
TBC - skipped, computer couldn't handle it.
WotLK - Naxx, Totc, Ulduar, ICC, Dragonholes - all cleared. Though on my hunter.
Cata - rolled druid to my main char. Healed through entry raids and popped to tanking for DS. Cleared 10man (though it took a nerf or two before that HC Madness fell)

4) HARDWARE & UI

A. Brief computer specification & Internet connection:
Connection is relevantly stable 20/2. Seems like they're planning to provide us 100/10 in close future. But as it is working fine now, it'll be only bonus ^^
And as i'm not too tech savvy person about insides of that computer case, I can only say:
Windows 7
8 GB Ram
Intel 3,30 GHz
GeForce GTX 560
WoW-folder contained on SSD along with windows
Works fine for me, only experience some FPS issues 25man silly-aoe-situations
B. Do you have any issues with D/C or computer related problems?:
With this current setup, not yet. But that day will come...
C. Do you have a headset with a microphone and are you able to communicate verbally in English on Ventrilo?:
aye, and I will talk. A lot. And some of the talk might qualify as bullshit Razz Just a fair warning.
D. Describe your UI, which addons are used?
Pretty basic i'd say.
Titanpanel to keep track of my gear, gold and such.
Scada to track threat
Recount to track everything else.
I gave up with DBM since they utterly ...*searching for a nice word*... well it didn't work in MsV as I hoped. More like messed everything up. Warnings poppin up here and there when there's nothing to worry about, but when boss is chargin super-kill-em-all blow nothing comes up.

5) FINALLY

A. Why do you want to join the Insidious Guild?: Looking for a guild with decent progress, I'm not saying I'm a superpro who deserves only the best, but my tolerance for stupidity is pretty low. That's why I have left few guilds recently.
B. Why should we pick you over someone else?: *shrug* I cant really point out single reason why you should pick me over someone else. Possibly my adorable character?
C. Is there anything you would like to add?: What can I say, I hope to find a guild with nice atmosphere and tankbuddy who is able to communicate. Guessing is something that I hate to do during bossfights.
D. How did you hear about us and is there anyone in Insidious who can vouch for you?: I saw your announcement on trade, and you have declined few applications from ppl I wouldn't raid with Razz

E. Now tell us a joke:

Two chemists go into a restaurant.
The first one says "I think I'll have an H2O."
The second one says "I think I'll have an H2O too" -- and he died.

...eh eh. chemistry jokes.. all the good ones Argon.

Hazelnutter

Back to top Go down

Hazelnut, Druid tank Empty Re: Hazelnut, Druid tank

Post  SpacedJunks Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 am

Cool honesty Smile
We will get back to you as soon as possible. Smile

SpacedJunks

Back to top Go down

Post  SpacedJunks Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:12 pm

There is something i'm curios about. Why all the crit gemming, why not agi since it giefs dodge, crit and AP. ?
same goes with no dodge reforges. ?

SpacedJunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hazelnutter Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:56 pm

My reasoning for owerflowing crit would be that crit=rage and having rage means that i can adapt to situation currently in hand. For example bosses with high amounts of spelldmg would be unreasonably hard to tank with dodge alone hence having rage to heal myself is better option there.

On the other hand bosses with high amounts of melee dmg require ability to avoid those hits and thats when i keep ramming my savage defence.

I do see why you would prefer stackin up agility as it gives Ap too, but with current vengeance it makes pretty much as much difference as flies fart in desert.

Ofcourse I'm ready to tune my gear differently if my reasoning is proved wrong, but this is just how I see that I can perform best.

sorry for dodgy typing, posting from phone :-)

Hazelnutter

Back to top Go down

Post  idcfa Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:20 pm

Nice appl miss. Hope u will come 2night in HOF Razz

idcfa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down